Welcome to AP physics C (and IB Physics SL)! Physics is challenging but can really change the way a person sees the world. One gets out of it what one puts into it.
The basic curriculum is centered around AP physics C or IB Physics SL. The goal of the AP Physics C curriculum is to emulate a calculus-based introductory physics course. The method of delivery will vary. Lectures are common but meant to be short. In class activities will center around guided problem solving (both multiple-choice and free-response), class discussion on conceptual topics, graphing and interpreting graphical data, and lab activities and experimentation. Where possible, students will use inquiry-based instruction. IB Physics SL is an algebra-based approach.
- Question? Check the course syllabus first: AP Physics C and IB Physics SL
- Contact Mr. Newland
- AP Physics C Major Tests (1-2 per grading cycle): 75%
- IB Physics SL Major Tests (1-2 per grading cycle): 60%
- Daily Grades (including homework): 10%
- Labs and Experimentation (scaffolded, open, and guided): 15%
Assessment will involve work with released exams for the AP curriculum or IB curriculum.